Thumbay Group’s success stories in its core sectors of medical education, healthcare and research has given shape to a unique initiative, the ‘Thumbay Medicity’ in the UAE to serve 20,000+ people daily, with advanced facilities in education, healthcare, research, leisure, luxury, fitness, entertainment, etc., built with an investment of more than a billion Dirhams.
A regional hub of futuristic medical education, state-of-the-art healthcare and cutting-edge research, Thumbay Medicity is one of the latest additions to the UAE’s healthcare sector, the first such project in the private sector. Located in Ajman, Thumbay Medicity features the most modern technology and global expertise in teaching/training, healthcare delivery and research/innovation, attracting the best student and professional talent towards shaping the future of education, healthcare and research. The Medicity will be officially inaugurated in March 2019.
Thumbay Medicity houses the Gulf Medical University – the region’s leading private medical university, Thumbay University Hospital – the largest private academic hospital in the region, Thumbay Dental Hospital – the first private dental hospital in the country and the largest academic dental hospital in the Middle East region’s private sector, and Thumbay Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Hospital – the biggest state-of-the-art rehabilitation hospital in the country. It also has outlets of Thumbay Pharmacy and Thumbay Labs, in addition to leisure and hospitality amenities such as Body & Soul Health Club and Spa, Thumbay Food Court, The Terrace Restaurant, Blends & Brews Coffee Shoppe etc., as well as the Thumbay Housing Project to accommodate 2500 staff and students.
- Gulf Medical University – the biggest private medical University in the region with 6 colleges and 25 accredited programs: Advanced training/teaching facilities, international collaborations and recognitions, a full-fledged academic system and new launched programs and colleges have consolidated Gulf Medical University’s (GMU) reputation as one of the most sought-after destinations for cutting-edge medical education. GMU has been ranked among the top 50 medical universities in the Middle East, and won several local, regional and international awards for its academic excellence and innovation.
- Thumbay University Hospital – the biggest private academic hospital in the region: The hospital is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built 500-bed smart facility with quaternary care facilities. The hospital is equipped with modern infrastructure, with over 120 clinics. The hospital features a special robotic pharmacy, a first of its kind in the region, in addition to a full-fledged radiology department with PET-CT scan, a first of its kind in the UAE’s northern Emirates.
- Thumbay Dental Hospital – the biggest academic dental hospital in the region: Thumbay Dental Hospital is attached to the College of Dentistry, GMU and has a built-up area of 37,000 sq. ft. and 60 dental chairs spread across three floors. The hospital has a competent team of experienced and qualified dental specialists, delivering high quality dental services. The hospital offers services and treatments in General Dentistry, Endodontics, Paedodontics, Periodontics, Invisalign, Veneers & Lumineers, Dentures, Crowns and Bridges, Simple & Complicated Extractions and Hollywood Smile. It also features dedicated CSSD for Infection Control. The hospital also plans to introduce stem cell treatment for dental diseases. An advanced ‘Dental Stem Cell Bank’ for harvesting/banking dental stem cells is planned at the hospital.
- Thumbay Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Hospital – the biggest state-of-the-art rehabilitation hospital in the country with 50 beds and a unique ‘Therapeutic Garden’: As the most cutting-edge physical therapy and rehabilitation facility in the region, the hospital features advanced technology such as Zero-gravity Treadmill, Wearable Technologies, Hydrotherapy Pool, Neuropsychology, Advanced Robotics, Hi-Performance Training Gym, Driving Simulation, Full Body Cryotherapy Chamber, Applied Virtual Reality, Speech Therapy, etc. It operates in collaboration with internationally renowned Villa Beretta Rehabilitation Center, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Valduce Hospital, Italy. It is attached to Thumbay University Hospital Complex, having 50 dedicated beds. One of the most remarkable components of the inpatient facilities at the hospital is its ‘Therapeutic Garden’, for faster, holistic recovery.
- Thumbay Research Institute for Precision Medicine – leading research in cancer biology and immunology: Collaborating internationally with France, Poland and Korea, the institute has three ongoing medical research programs: cancer Immunology and experimental oncology; tumor genetic instability and immunogenicity; and biomarkers and functional genomics.
- Thumbay Labs – the largest network of CAP-accredited private diagnostic labs in the region with international presence: Thumbay Medicity houses the central reference lab of Thumbay Labs, with state-of-the-art facilities for Neonatal Screening, Next Generation Sequencing and Genomics.
- Thumbay Pharmacy – one of the fastest-growing retail pharmacy chains in the UAE with international presence: A full-fledged Thumbay Pharmacy outlet with a range of medicines, medical equipment and rehabilitation care products is operational at Thumbay Medicity. The pharmacy chain has tied up with GMU for training and employment of the students of the College of Pharmacy, GMU.
“Thumbay Medicity, with an investment of more than a billion UAE Dirhams, is the result of our continued efforts to bring the best of healthcare to the region, making it a hub of world class healthcare with state-of-the-art technology, experienced medical practitioners and superior facilities. As one of the most sophisticated medical cities in the region, Thumbay Medicity offers end-to-end tertiary and quaternary healthcare services to patients, with improved access by way of strategic location and affordability,” said Dr. Thumbay Moideen, Founder President of Thumbay Group.
Thumbay Medicity will serve more than 20,000 daily, as it caters to general public with a medical university campus, housing facilities for staff, faculty and students, as well as specialized hospitals. It has a total area of 1 million sq.ft. and built-up area of 1.2 million sq.ft. “Thumbay Medicity is a comprehensive healthcare destination serving patients from across the Middle East region and beyond. We hope that the world-class amenities here would set new standards of quality and innovation in healthcare,” said Mr. Akbar Moideen Thumbay, Vice President of Thumbay Group’s Healthcare Division.